3.30.2007

Creepy...

Either Microsoft is really good with their Vista support or they are trying to keep me very happy (little bit of paranoia there)...

I had some more problems after the ATI driver uninstall (still getting BSODs on startup), so I decided to format and start over.

I still had a few issues (BSODs on two occasions) and then the error analysis report suggests I install a new ATI driver from Microsoft or ATI- via a new Radeon X1300 patch that was released today. Now that is not so unusual, but the same thing happened with a patch for the Windows 2003 Admin tools- and TrendMicro Anti-Virus- and an Intel 945 video driver; all three had new patches for issues I had found just a day prior. Maybe this is the normal new Microsoft service, but it just sounds weird that they are happening so quickly...

So now Vista is all good and running with a clean install and the DVD gallery patch has been re-installed; there is a Microsoft TechNet article on the patch. A little further research and I found how to include the DVD box image with the DVD files.

No comments:

Post a Comment