3.30.2007

Vista MCE Update

So the newest ATI driver sucks- I started getting BSODs on boot and (when Vista would boot up) the trouble-shooting indicated a video driver and I should disable video acceleration (but that option wasn't there!). After uninstalling it seems to work better...

The native vista driver of 720p inside of Media Center works much better than the ATI video driver; full-screen with no apparent clipping!

I also wasn't seeing my DVD rips; a little research indicated that I need to do a registry tweak:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\DvdSettings

Change ShowGallery from Play to Gallery.

After this, I now have a 'DVD Library' option in the menu and Vista seems to organize them accordingly- sweet! Now I need to find out how to set the thumbnail for each movie (for the ones that I am not burning off in a week or two).

In spite of the driver issue, Vista MCE is still a thumbs up for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment