6.02.2007

New Pocast Favorite

Somehow I ran across the Mysterious Universe podcast during the process of trying out Doppler and re-installing iTunes in XP (I think it was while researching feeds on Podcast Alley); this is an excellent podcast that touches on science, mysteries, paranormal and a whole range of other things. The basic podcast is free, but I think I may sign up for the premium membership for the extra info (and to show the podcaster that I really appreciate his work!)

I was trying out Anapod from RedChair Software as an alternative to iTunes; I am a big fan of their software for the Creative Nomad and the Rio Karma, but they cannot match the flexibility of the playlists in iTunes (it also doesn't work with two ipods- without an additional charge and complexity). I abandoned their software and went back to iTunes.

An interesting (perhaps almost pleasant?) surprise with the Doppler podcast aggregator is that it creates playlists and automatically loads them onto my ipod (and disables the normal podcast sync). This is a little different than what I am used to, but much easier after I created groups for my different podcast genres (Tech, Videos and Other) as I don't have to keep messing with my ipod while in my car (connected via Denison Ice>Link Plus to my stock head unit).

Doppler will also do this with Media Player- but it seems to be an either/or choice between Media Player or iTunes; and I want both! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment