4.20.2009

Seagate HD Firmware Update

If you haven’t heard, there is a firmware issue with specific Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 hard drives. On reboot, the drive can sometimes become inaccessible. This affects certain drives of 500GB, 640GB, 750GB and 1TB sizes.

The fix for most is to download an ISO image of a bootable CD from Seagate. The boot CD fixes the firmware issue.

If you are not sure if your drive is affected, check the Seagate support site to check your serial number.

I checked the drives and my RAID5 on my Windows Home Server and 2 of the 7 drives are affected; I will be rebooting this system tomorrow to run the Update ISO- before a reboot and one of them decides to not come back online.

I also updated my RocketRAID 2320 RAID card firmware and driver software tonight- just to keep everything running tip-top…

No comments:

Post a Comment