9.11.2009

Windows 7 Connectivity Issue

I formatted my system and installed the RTM (build 7600) of Windows 7; all worked great.  I went about installing my necessary applications (Firefox, NewsLeecher, etc) and all seemed to be good.

A few days ago I rebooted- and I was unable to connect to the internet.  My tray icon indicated there was a network issue and a quick IPCONFIG revealed that I had two gateway addresses:

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : OuterNET
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.100
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.1
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0

I thought that was a bit strange…

I disabled and re-enabled my network connection and the problem ceased.  However, when i rebooted again, I had the same issue. 

I did a little research and found that some users having similar issues that were caused by the Bonjour service that is installed with Adobe CS3.  I did not see such a service installed, but there is one labeled ‘##Id_String2.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762##’.

When I opened the properties for this service, it reveals that it is the Bonjour service that others have had issue with:

image

I set the service to ‘disabled’ and rebooted; the issue has not returned.

Formal instructions for removing the service can be found in the Adobe forums.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:34 PM

    same here. disabled mine a while back.

    ReplyDelete